Chinese Valentine's Day 2016: 9 Gift Ideas For Your Lover
Aug. 9 marks the Chinese Valentine's Day!
The occasion falls on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month on the Chinese calendar and is also known as the Chinese Double Seven Festival.
For those who are not familiar with Chinese history, the Emperor of Heaven's seventh daughter and a cowherd orphan fell in love.
However, the Emperor was not happy with his daughter's relationship, so he separated them by moving her to the star Vega and the cowherd to the star Altair.
But their love was so strong and inspiring that magpies gathered to form a bridge so that the couple could be together.
Eventually, the Emperor allowed his daughter and the herder to meet once a year, that day being the seventh day of the seventh lunar month or what is now celebrated as the Chinese Valentine's Day.
In celebration of the holiday, we've selected 9 Chinese-inspired gifts to give to your lover or potential romantic partner.
1. Jean Paul Gaultier Vintage Chinese Dragon Tie : $152.02
2. Jin Soon Chinoiserie Collection : $42.00
3. Tom Dixon Orientalist Candle : $80.00 - $115.00
4. Vintage Chinese Silver & Cinnabar Ring : $169.00
5. Paper & Tea Golden Earl Tea Leaves : $18.00
6. Vintage Dual Checkers Game : $79.00
7. Vintage Chinese Dragon & Cloisonne Bangle : $249.00
8. Braided Straw Slippers : $13.50
9. Vintage Chinese Ravine x Esben Rimfaxe : $195.00