NEWS

Sharon Osbourne, Heather Graham Set Homes Afire with Candles

Jan 18, 2013 03:23 AM EST by Kristyan Morgan

SIGN UP TO RECEIVE THE LATEST NEWS FROM Design&Trend

Setting one's house on fire seems to be the latest trend in celebrity world. And joining this list is Sharon Osbourne, whose living room caught fire after she left a candle unattended.

On Thursday morning, Sharon realized that their Beverly Hills mansion was on fire after she left a candle alight overnight. She admitted on "The Talk" that though she heard a sound similar to metal hitting the floor early that morning, she guessed it was the housekeeper dropping the keys.

Like Us on Facebook

But soon after, her eyes started stinging "and my throat's closing up something weird smelling in here, then my dogs started to bark, so I go out of the bedroom, I go downstairs and the whole living room-the candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass in the candle exploding."

And in their attempts to put out the fire, Sharon and husband Ozzy did everything they weren't supposed to do, she explained.

"I go into the kitchen to get water and throw the water on it, with the doors open and the water it erupted! It erupted, Ozzy's hair from here to here, gone. And we are like two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges. Everything you are not meant to do-go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on-we did it all."

The day was saved after five firemen from the Beverly Hills Department came to put out the fire, Sharon said on "The Talk."

A similar accident happened to Heather Graham when bathroom candles  set ablaze clothes left near the tub in her 2,000-square-foot Union Square penthouse.

In both the cases, luckily, no one was hurt.

SIGN UP TO RECEIVE THE LATEST NEWS FROM Design&Trend

© 2014 Design & Trend All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Featured Video : 10 HOT CONSUMER TRENDS 2014