The Peninsula Hotels, Asia's oldest hotel brand, today ushered in a new era with three landmark debuts, the launch of "Peninsula Moments," a new multi-million-dollar global brand campaign, the new PenCities online travel journal and a HK$450 million revitalization of its flagship hotel, The Peninsula Hong Kong, featuring advanced in-room technology that will set new standards of guest personalization.
Conceived and developed in house, the global campaign showcases the magic that The Peninsula brings to its guests using photography, video and behind-the-scenes footage, with each image and scene telling a story. Moments and memories to remember, each reflecting an authentic sense of destination, are brought to life with images of stunning architecture, thoughtful service and the genuine desire of Peninsula staff to showcase the very best of their cities.
Like Us on Facebook
"As one of the world's oldest hotel groups, Peninsula icons throughout our hotels showcase the brand's heritage, personal service and continued commitment to inspire, surprise and delight, and these new images and videos capture this spirit perfectly," said Peter C. Borer, Chief Operating Officer.
Audiences can see Peninsula Moments in print, online and tablet versions of top luxury, lifestyle, travel and business magazines worldwide beginning in September. The first two in a series of 10 90-second films were unveiled today onwww.youtube.com/thepeninsulahotels. Subsequent films to be released from September 2012 through March 2013 will transport viewers to each of the nine cities where Peninsula has hotels.
To capture "Peninsula Moments," Peninsula tapped Russel Wong, a Singapore-based photographer known for his celebrity portraits and his photography for major motion pictures such as Underworld, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Hero and The House of Flying Daggers.
"I wanted it to appear very narrative, almost like scenes from a movie," said Wong. "I tried to inject a romantic notion into the overall campaign, and hopefully it's all uniquely Peninsula."
Complementing the still photography are the films produced by Ridley Scott Associates and directed by Jean-Claude Thibautand Antony Crook, whose previous work has included videos for Louis Vuitton, Hermes and Boss. Each film evokes a sense of destination and luxury, inspiring the viewer to see Peninsula destinations as never before through scenery and music.
"My main objective was to amaze the audience with real stories and authentic moments to capture the overall magic of The Peninsula Hotels, fueled by the staff's genuine desire to inspire, with their unique approach to their work giving an original view on each city," said Thibaut.
Peninsula fans can go behind the scenes of each shoot by connecting with the brand at www.peninsula.com/moments,www.youtube.com/thepeninsulahotels and on each hotel's Facebook page. "The Making of Peninsula Moments" tells the story of each scene through photos, videos and interviews that highlight what makes Peninsula unique.
PenCities Online Luxury Lifestyle Journal
Travelers planning a visit to any Peninsula destination can access insider travel and lifestyle information in the new PenCities, a new online luxury lifestyle journal making its debut today at www.peninsula.com/PenCities. Developed exclusively for The Peninsula Hotels by LUXE City Guides, PenCities presents a selection of insider recommendations covering the latest openings, restaurants, galleries, bars, classic favorites, special events, seasonal celebrations and smart things to do in each of The Peninsula Hotels' cities worldwide, plus emerging new luxury lifestyle and travel trends.
The Peninsula Hong Kong HK$450 Million Renovation
Also today, Peninsula's legendary flagship hotel, The Peninsula Hong Kong, unveiled the first phase of its landmark HK$450 million room enhancement program, featuring a stunning new interior design and pioneering guest technology.
"Today, we're celebrating both the re-launch of an icon, as well as cementing this hotel's place firmly in the future," said Peter Borer. "Innovation is part of The Peninsula's DNA, and the guest-focused technology we are unveiling will elevate guest stays to a whole new echelon of experiential luxury."
Conceived by the in-house design team of The Peninsula Hotels, assisted by Gettys interior design, the new rooms and suites feature a bespoke luxury aesthetic that references the glamour of private yachts, motorcars and jets. Simple details and custom-made Cassina and Poltrona Frau furnishings work in elegant synchronization - from streamlined entertainment centers to the beige leather-finish and glossy patina of walnut writing desks and vanity tables with retractable illuminated mirrors - discerning guests have everything they need at their fingertips.
Complementing the glamorous bespoke furnishings of its rooms is the next generation of in-room technology, enabling new standards of guest personalization. Renowned for its pioneering technology, Peninsula introduces its next generation of intuitive in-room enhancements, which include:
- Interactive digital touch-screen tablets pre-set in one of five languages: English, French, Traditional and Simplified Chinese and Japanese, allowing guests to personalize all room controls, signage and information to their preferred language.
- Full control of all in-room functions via bedside and desk tablets and wall panels, enabling access to the guest compendium of in-room dining menus, hotel services, streaming television, Internet TV and radio, mood lighting, curtains, temperature and more.
- Complimentary long-distance VOIP phone calls from guest rooms and from the hotel's Rolls-Royce fleet.
- Advanced audio-visual center in each guest room featuring a 46-inch flat-screen, Blu-ray LED television - with a 55-inch model in all suites, Internet TV, iPod/iPad docking station, memory-card reader and soundbar speaker system delivering surround-sound experience.
- Wireless connection to personal electronic devices and to the all-in-one printer/photocopier/scanner/fax, enables the seamless functionality of a home office
- Signature marble bathrooms with LED touch-screen panels located on the wall and bath-side, enable viewing of terrestrial and Internet TV and radio and Spa button delivering a luxurious, integrated light and sound experience for indulgent relaxation.
(SOURCE: The Peninsula Hotels)